Different interpretations/definitions abound for what is considered an antique. For the purposes of this tool we will set the limit at 50 years or older. Below is a list of files, such as brochures and catalogs, related to lock hardware that meet this criteria. For antique literature related to padlocks, check out Antique-Padlock.com’s download page.
Note: Some of the files linked below are larger than 500 MB in size. Please keep that in mind before downloading.
Briggs & Stratton
Caverhill, Learmont & Co.
Detroit Hardware Manufacturing Co.
Diebold Safe & Lock Co.
Eagle Lock Co.
The Graham Manufacturing Co.
H.B. Ives Co.
Henry R. Towne
Independent Locksmith Co. (ILCO)
J. Chesler & Sons Co.
Lawrence Brothers Inc.
Linus Yale Jr.
Lockwood Hardware Manufacturing Co.
Oscar C. Rixson Co.
P & F Corbin Co.
- Catalog (1871)
- Catalog (1876)
- Catalog (1881)
- Catalog (1885)
- Catalog (1895)
- Catalog (1896)
- Catalog (1890)
- Catalog (1892)
- Catalog (1905)
- Catalog (1911)
- Catalog No. 26 (1923)
- Catalog No. 27 (1927)
- Catalog No. 27 (1932)
- Catalog No. 28 M (1941)
- Catalog No. K553 (1931)
- History of The House of P & F Corbin (1904)
- Store Door Handle and Locks Catalog (1897)
Penn Hardware Co.
Peterboro Hardware Co.
McKinney Manufacturing Co.
- Forged Iron Hardware Catalog (1920)
- Forged Iron Hardware Catalog (1926)
- Forged Iron Hardware Catalog (1954)
Mosler Safe Co.
- Day and Night Deposit Safes Catalog (1952)
- Mosler 7 Inch Vault Door Catalog (1951)
- Mosler Messenger (September, 1922)
Reading Hardware Co.
- Illustrated Catalog and Price List of the Reading Hardware Works (1870)
- Illustrated Catalog of Hardware (1885)
- Illustrated Catalog of Fine Locks and Builders’ Hardware (1899)
Russell & Erwin Manufacturing Co.
Sargent & Co.
Sargent & Greenleaf Co.
Vonnegut Hardware Co.
Yale & Towne Manufacturing Co.
- Builders’ Locks and Hardware, Door Closers – (1939)
- Catalog 14 (1893)
- Catalog 24 (1917)
- Catalog 25 (1921)
- Catalog 26 (1929)
- Catalog 29 (1939)
- Combination Locks and Key Locks for Fireproof Vaults, Safes, Steel Chests, etc. (1939)
- History of the Trade-Mark Yale (1914)
- Price List to Padlock Catalog (1908)